Today I wanted to enhance my study of a plant, a living being on the desk, an element of peace, color, remind me that the relationship with the natural order of the world, in a discreet way.
Simplicity is what prompted me to choose (at the supermarket you can find everything) a hyacinth bulb .
I hope to hit the process of growing: I think it is complex, however, I certainly care.
The flower in question I've always liked: I do not mean to botany, but I love plants. In particular, I have in mind its heady scent and intense. The choice would be
could also fall on a simple plant fat, but that was it.
On reflection, however, a ὐάκινθος is the right plant for a self-styled blogger named Ἀμφίων, is not it?
Seriously, the flower reminded me of a fascinating ancient Greek myth, you know?
There is a better version in Ovid's Metamorphoses.
Hyacinth was a Spartan youth loved by Apollo, the god had so lost his head to neglect its duties to accompany the hunt for love in the mountains, giving up a quiver and arrows and carrying nets and dogs, longaque Alit adsuetudine flammas, fed the flames of passion with his long intimacy.
One day, the two get naked and put some oil in order to compete in the discus throw (in ancient Greece were conducted in the sports-style naturist ).
Lance for the first Apollo: The disc rips the air, falls to the ground. Hyacinth ran after to pick it up, but the hard bounces and hits the young face. In some versions, it is narrated that Zephyr, he also love the score (which at this point would be exceedingly charming, to lose his head two deities), blinded by jealousy deflects the launch with a gust of wind.
In both versions, the tragedy takes place: Hyacinth dies.
| |
| Pieter Paul Rubens, The Death of Hyacinth (Madrid, Prado) |
Atque utinam tecumque died vitamque liceret
income! quod quoniam fatal tenemur lege,
semper eris mecum memorique haerebis in hours.
Apollo holding the lifeless body of the young man, whose blood poured on the ground now becomes a red flower.
Hyacinth is now forever transformed into a flower.
Who knows what color are the flowers of my hyacinth.
0 comments:
Post a Comment