The inspiration for this post gives me the recent statement of Mr. Joseph Alois Ratzinger, alias Benedictus XVI to the faithful (and more) of the Catholic Church, the annual meeting with the diplomatic corps accredited to the Holy See.
| |
| Temptation of Adam and Eve Masolino (Brancacci Chapel, Florence) |
"I can not ignore another threat to religious freedom of families in some European countries, where tax is participation in sex education courses or civil that convey conceptions of life and the person alleged neutral but in fact reflect anthropology contrary to faith and right reason . "
A head of state speaks to an audience of more than 170 ambassadors to stress that does not go well at all to teach sex education or community because it threatens to instill in the poor learners who knows what aberrant anthropology.
On this point, I would say throw the notion that talking about sex can lead to something contrary to the faith, but we want to ask what is the right reason ? Thanks to reason, human beings have faced life on planet Earth in a rational, scientific, objective. Without unnecessary recourse to metaphysics. Why talk of the office. Ratzinger?
This post does not want to be a polemic on the positions of the Church, because it would otherwise be a sterile accusations, what is more appropriate. I gained my antithetical beliefs, I do spokesman. But at a certain point, one must always stop chasing every statement of the pope. That the Church to defend a certain vision of the world has known. And then we live in Italy, I am convinced that in other countries where there is less talk of any externalization of Pope & co., There is also a different perception of the role of the Church and its role as the address of conscience and, alas, policy.
We come to the tragic figure: today in Italy, in 2011, in the third millennium ... there is no law on sex education.
Do not believe us? See ad hoc sites, look in the archives of the House and Senate (there is proposed law), no source specific rules. Of course, with school autonomy is possible that sex education is introduced in the curriculum, but it certainly is not imposed as mandatory by the legislature. Frequently, sexual education projects are included in health education, perhaps relegated to the science teacher. In the best cases, schools make agreements with the ASL and organize a few meetings.
Needless to say, in many other European countries, the situation is diametrically opposed mandatory sexual education in Denmark, Sweden (introduced in 1956!), Finland, Germany, Holland, France ...
But what should serve as sex education? am not an expert in pedagogy, I am not a psychologist. To answer, I speak of my personal experience.
My parents never told me much. When my brother came into the world, gave me information so general ("Dad gave Mom a seed") could not understand anything, but without going into detail.
course I was, and I'm very curious, so it was not difficult to discover what was the mechanism "real": talking with other children, reading encyclopedias drawings (there was no internet, the specific for those who do not remember, or do not know), learning here and there, without uniformity, and especially without that information came clear, precise, unambiguous and above all free from any connotations of morality or immorality.
do not criticize my parents, it can not be perfect. One day, wandering here and there in one of the libraries at home, I found a book on sex education in design. They had bought some for me (I hope not to serve them): it was barely visible in a corner of a shelf.
was useful, however, there was talk of the human body, sex, pregnancy, etc..
I went to search for the book, titled You know how babies are born (Fagerström G. - G. Hansson, A. Mondadori Editore), a comic book of 1977, published in Italy in 1983 (and it cost 8,000 lire). Immediate, simple, delicate and discreet, explicit images, but designed to be natural and reassuring. The story is that of an ideal family in which a father and a mother are having to tell the sex of the two children, since it is coming third brother. Now that I have found and revived, I'll keep this book an excellent tool to help the dialogue with the children about sex, pace of cabbages, and bees storks.
Then came the infamous sex education classes to the average: one hour, maybe two, with a medical clinic ASL. Lectures, some information, answer questions on cards collected anonymous, no brochures, no interactivity. In terms of planning, a disaster.
I just remember the attempt, appreciable, the Italian teacher who had read a book in class Pitzorno White, Extraterrestrial equal : gender differences do not count (could not count as an alien which will know the sex ... denebiani only 50 years), but in reality to know if a is male or female influences the way we relate and behave in society. It was not sex education, but at least you had the chance to tackle a sensitive topic such as the differences, prejudice and discrimination. Very soft, though.
(Pitzorno I have read other books that I liked much more: it's because reading a book in class destroys any work, however Extraterrestrial equal I particularly liked)
I about to conclude, why you are scared in dealing with the issue of sex in school? We live in 2011, we realize it? Not to mention that ignorance on the issues of prevention of sexually transmitted diseases is disarming, I'll talk in the future.
I know the argument is trivial "we live in the modern era": belief backward, obscurantist, irrational religions, false shame, the malice, ignorance are still obstacles to overcome.
So I think it would be appropriate to introduce mandatory sex education (well done, with appropriate teaching methods, meetings held by experts not only as experts on the subject, but also able to communicate effectively with young people) in schools. Sex young people speak with no problems, but it is not really all that information correctly.
At school we all go, even those who come from family situations, ethnic and cultural backgrounds in which the subject is taboo, are not addressed or is addressed in a distorted manner.
With all due respect Mr. Ratzinger and all the many characters that fill the media, places of worship, parliaments, squares, talk shows, libraries, etc..
The human being is free, but must be able to achieve full self-knowledge and the world . What harm is there will never be in the know a little 'more about sex? No one will ever live apart sex, is incontrovertible.
And now, to raise a little 'mood of those who had the patience to get to the end of the post, here is a video of my favorite sexologist explains that the sexual act: a resounding Anna Marchesini alias Merope Generosa. Other than the boring high school class!
I about to conclude, why you are scared in dealing with the issue of sex in school? We live in 2011, we realize it? Not to mention that ignorance on the issues of prevention of sexually transmitted diseases is disarming, I'll talk in the future.
I know the argument is trivial "we live in the modern era": belief backward, obscurantist, irrational religions, false shame, the malice, ignorance are still obstacles to overcome.
So I think it would be appropriate to introduce mandatory sex education (well done, with appropriate teaching methods, meetings held by experts not only as experts on the subject, but also able to communicate effectively with young people) in schools. Sex young people speak with no problems, but it is not really all that information correctly.
At school we all go, even those who come from family situations, ethnic and cultural backgrounds in which the subject is taboo, are not addressed or is addressed in a distorted manner.
With all due respect Mr. Ratzinger and all the many characters that fill the media, places of worship, parliaments, squares, talk shows, libraries, etc..
The human being is free, but must be able to achieve full self-knowledge and the world . What harm is there will never be in the know a little 'more about sex? No one will ever live apart sex, is incontrovertible.
And now, to raise a little 'mood of those who had the patience to get to the end of the post, here is a video of my favorite sexologist explains that the sexual act: a resounding Anna Marchesini alias Merope Generosa. Other than the boring high school class!
The sexual act is ... one, but can also be many .... Avercene!
0 comments:
Post a Comment