Who remembers the post on Jonsi, Sigur Rós? No, ok, now do not wonder.
I had already addressed the issue of how often in the music I remain fascinated by sounds, sound images that evoke, quite apart from a genuine understanding the text. It remains important to grasp the textual content, there is no doubt. It is not always necessary, however, remain attracted to harmonious interweaving, a soothing melody, a simple song, but effective.
This evening I was listening again to the album Within My Walls of Israel Idan Raichel . I premise by saying that I particularly like this musician and his project of musical fusion: an eclectic, supra, a jumble of sounds, instruments, languages \u200b\u200b(Hebrew, English, Arabic, Portuguese and African languages) that never has the flavor be one of the usual multi-ethnic experiments, for to appear a bit 'niche and, above all characterized by the aura of universal gooders that often accompanies similar experiences. Idan Raichel
is first and foremost a musician, mastering the language of music, blends, molds, takes care of the arrangement, and secondly, there will also be in his experience the most sociological of the invitation to dialogue between peoples and cultures.
The fact that it is Israeli, but a somewhat 'special (produces songs in Arabic, wears dreadlocks ... that air has a bit' by freak, so to speak) usually gives rise to the injury when you're an Israeli Idan Raichel as culture and you have to do, then you have to ask for strength in a certain way, you always have to be overtly political as it is more appropriate . Otherwise you're not credible as an artist.
I really like the culture of Israel is a country rich in history and traditions with the modernity of Tel Aviv as a perfect counterpoint to the solemnity of Jerusalem, the evolution of a bubbly young country that pursues and makes a living culture is a real ethnic mix and anthropological. I hope to come back, sooner or later. With all the problems and contradictions that lie and make that area a troubled place. I never traveled with the blinkers. And I'm not versed in the discourse more purely political on the never-ending tragedy of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, because it is not the place.
But I think it is always a shared attitude to judge the artistic moment with a spasmodic reference to the cultural context of origin, without being, at least for a time, free from ideology.
Excuse the outburst, I was spontaneous. I can not stand this kind of attitude and have the opportunity to write publicly. I have never particularly loved the expression art involved, committed artist, deployed.
back tonight ... I listened to a song called Shev.
always I found it sexy, voluptuous, from the the first notes. Mentally I evokes the image of a dance, hypnotic and sensual, even the singer's voice through the loud sounds, intense of the Hebrew language, gives me this sense of passion, a carmine red color on a canvas dripping dark, sinuous and slow.
So I searched the text: I will, for the first time, to understand what it meant. And I was not disappointed.
שב Shev.
Stay, stay.
The song is an invocation to stay: the lover is going away, the story ends, but it is still a strong desire.
Stay.
trying to get used to have mutual trust.
Again.
will try to start again.
Stay
Since the first recorded, the mental image of the song has changed. Has not lost its erotic aspect, except that we added a suggestion, the plea to not go away, turned complacent lover with sensual and enchanting, an attempt at conquest in extremis, which is continuing.
languidly, her lover to return calls, casting spells, of which music is an expression which winds through the air, a hand magnet. Do not be afraid, "says the lover, almost as if to reassure the partner that will not happen anything strange, you can trust, we will resume our lives together.
Breathe the air in the chest
Open your eyes
there is still a reason
Give me your hand
Let me be with you
Come
Come to me
Come home
Come so that I no longer only
back to me
And do not be afraid
0 comments:
Post a Comment